What are the most crazy/beautiful photos taken of Kerala?
Planning a tour to Kerala this Diwali?. Looking for the pictures that can boost up your interest.
Sajit Nandkumar, Exploring the hidden treasures in Kerala !
- Kumarokam, Munnar, Kovalam - these places are overloaded with tourists from all over the world. If you want to witness why Kerala is called as God's own country, I would suggest you some of the unexplored places in Kerala.
- Muzhappilangad Beach - Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach is the only drive-in beach in Kerala (perhaps India too!) and is the largest in Asia. It is situated at about 15 kms from Kannur town. You can have a 5 km ride splashing through the sea waves!
- Idukki dam - is constructed between the two hills Kuravanmala and Kurathimala impounding the river Page on Periyar is owned by the Kerala electricity board and supports Kerala’s major hydroelectric power station (780 MW). This is the biggest arch dam in Asia. The dam and the reservoir is indeed a sight to behold.
- Athirapally falls - Located on the west-flowing Chalakudy River near the Vazhachal Forest Division and the Sholayar ranges, this 24-metre (80 ft) waterfall and the nearby Vazhachal Falls are popular tourist destinations. It is nicknamed "The Niagara of India".
- Punnathur Kotta Elephant Sanctuary - It is the largest elephant park in the world, with over 60 elephants. Punnathurkotta was once the palace of a local ruler, but the palace grounds are now used to house the elephants belonging to the Guruvayoor temple, and has been renamed Anakkotta (meaning “Elephant Fort”). This facility is also used to train the elephants to serve as well as participate in many festivals that occur throughout the year.
- Northernmost tip of Kerala, Kasargod. Bekal Fort !
- Well, and if you happen to visit Kumarakom, do try the local fish curries especially Karimeen Pollichathu and Kappa Meen Curry. Also they are not at all expensive !
Ashwin Kotagal Vinayak, Sales Professional
Munnar Tea Gardens
Ranipuram Wildlife Sanctuary
Sunset at Ponmudi
Road Through Woods In Kerala
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary
Elephant Herd Near Thekkady
Neela Kurinji in Bloom at Munnar
Broad Gauge Nilambur–Shoranur Railway Line
Shailesh Chouriya, Trekker. Loves being in nature
3. Valleys at Top Station near Munnar, Kerala
Sreekanth Sreekumar, MBA IIM Kozhikode | B.Arch IIT Roorkee
#1: Munnar Hill Station
#2: Thattekad Bird Sanctuary
Explore more: A Charming Birds National Park in Ernakulam, Kerala
#3: Poovar Beach
#5: Bekal Beach
#6: Varkala Beach
#7: Cherai Beach
Know more about Cherai Beach: Cherai Beach
#8: Nyayamkadu Waterfalls
#9: Athirappilly Waterfalls
Know more about Waterfalls in Kerala: Explore it. Explore 11 Famous Waterfalls in Kerala with Breathtaking Images
Chembra Peak Trekking,Wayanad, North Kerala
House Boat Interior
Luxury House Boat Interior
Luxury Houseboat with open Jacuzzi on Upper Deck
Munroe Island - canoe tour
Poovar Island /beach (where backwater meets Sea)
Kovalam Beach, Trivandrum
Varkala Cliff Beach (Papanasham Beach)
Munnar - Hill Station
Top Station, Munnar
Kundala Dam, Munnar
Muzhuppilangadi Drive-in Beach,Kannur (Only drive-in beach in India)
Dharmadam Island Beach, Kannur .In the low tide time you can walk to this island from the beach through sea
Valiyaparamba/Nileshwar backwaters, Kannur/Kasargode, North Kerala
PaithalMala Hill Station, Kannur, North Kerala
Ranipuram Hill Station,Kasargode, North Kerala
Bekal fort and Bekal Beach
Thekkady (Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary)
Parambikkulam Wildlife Sanctuary
Vagamon Hill Station
Now when it comes to Culture
Backwater Snake Boat Races
Poorams, annual temple festivals (Thrissur Pooram being the most famous)
Land of Ayurveda
Unique local Cuisines from land of Spices
Kathakali, an ancient dance drama art form Kerala
Theyyam an ancient art form in Kerala
11/5/2015 | 2466